Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Secret Lives of Bees FILM

Film

In comparison to the book, I noticed one major change. Kidd did not write about Zach and Lily going to the movies, they were in town and Zach and his buddies threw bottles at white men. This was the reason why in the movie Zach went to jail; because he threw bottles. Lily turned out to be just as I expected her to be with the long dirty blonde hair, delicate dirty face and her innocence. To be honest, the actor of T.ray was not the man I expected he'd be. I pictured him scarier and have a more nonchalant appearance of anything on his face. The begining was the best because it started of with Deborah and T.ray fighting and Deborah pulled out a gun. I was so interested; especially after young Lily grabbed the gun after T.ray knocked it out of his hands. I knew what was about to happen but i was waiting for it and i was still interested. It moved from the perspective of Lily all the way to Deborah's. The begining scene made me eager for more and honestly its what kept me watching the movie with interest because after that the next half of the movie was tiring and boring. When T.ray came for Lily in Tiburon at the end of the movie, it was exactly the same scene that popped in my head at the end of the book. Overall the film was about three stars; it was good but not good enough to say i was entertained the whole way through.

1 comment:

  1. interesting how the film "played down" T-Ray as a scary man. I like the change as the book did not give him much depth, or anything that could be good about him

    ReplyDelete